- I was about to hop in the shower this morning when I noticed a monstrous spider crawling across the ceiling. He had long legs, but it wasn’t a daddy long-legs. He had two little spots in front of his face as if his fangs were so long that he couldn’t keep them in his mouth. I didn’t like him, but I’m not tall enough to reach the ceiling. He seemed to be walking away from the direction of the shower, so I let him be. I kept an eye on him for a moment, though, then saw him fidgeting with his legs and then *whoops* he fell! I opened the curtain again to see if I could see him, but to no avail – I proceeded with the shower. Though I did call out to my little cat to come and eat him, please. When I had finished the shower, she was sitting on the other side of the curtain and there was no spider in sight. So I assume she followed directions, which makes me feel both incredibly proud and totally grossed out.
Sometimes autocorrect is a jokester.
- A couple weeks ago, I traded my bus pass in for a parking pass. The light rail between downtowns starts running next week, which means a few bus routes are changing — including one of the busses I was taking twice a day. The change would have made my afternoon commute even more unbearable than it was, so. Now I drive. But now I’m also sick of needing to buy gas. Should I trade in my car for a hybrid? How do hybrids work? Do I have to plug it in?
On Tuesday, I got a tour of my current office building from one of the longest-standing employee reporters/bloggers. I kept a photo diary.
- There are so many weeds in my yard. I may spend my Friday night pulling them out of my yard, while Jason is off having “guys’ night” somewhere.
- I am really looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday, except I’ll probably still be up by 7:30am because AlarmCat™.
Last night I met my friend, Vani, at Psycho Suzi’s for a much-needed patio’n’beer fix. We had one of the best tables on the best patio in the city — overlooking the lovely Mississippi River! I could have stayed there all night.
- Last Saturday night, Wilkerbooty and I went to see Wits. We did a TMBG sing-along!
- I owe you an update on my 101 goals thing from May. Sorry for the delay.
How do they know it’s not just the same 10 people over and over and over and over and over again?